WebMail - Send Mail
Webmail is a powerful feature that allows users to send and receive email via the Internet using any web browsers. You merely require a web browser to access your email at airport, cybercafe, remote office, friend's home computer or even McDonald's Internet Kiosk with Internet connection.
If you are receiving lots of virus-infected emails and spams and are using slow modem connection, you can login to your webmail to remove these unwanted emails first before using your email client to retrieve the remaining emails from the server.
Geromail hosting services employ a specially customized ads-free professional-looking corporate WebMail interface.
You can also add or delete email accounts using the WebAdmin client.
All user email account are POP3 type, ie., you can also retrieve your email via email clients like Microsoft Outlook, Outlook Express, Eudora, Thunderbird, etc. See Setup Email - POP3 Mail.
WebMail settings in a glance:
where www.userdomain.com is your personalized domain name.
Steps to Send An Email
You may send an email using the webmail, optionally with attachment(s).
To do this:
- Login to webmail.
- Click on Inbox link on the left pane
- Click on Compose tab (near the top of screen)
- Fill in the necessary details similar to your regular email.
- To add an attachment, click on Attachments tab (near the top of screen)
Click the Browse button to select a file and then click Add.
- To request a 'read receipt', ie. send you an notification email when your recipient opens your email message, click on Options tab (near the top of screen)
Click the "Notify me when this message is read" prompt to enable read acknowledge.
- Click on the [Send] button (near top right corner) to send out the email.
- End of guide.